Lead Teacher: Mrs A Bailey
Dance at Priestlands School provides opportunities for pupils to develop their creative, imaginative, physical and emotional capacities. Pupils learn how to communicate artistic intention through movement whilst developing confidence and raising self esteem.
As part of the dance programme pupils are taught how to research, explore and communicate ideas and how to structure movement material
Students are taught units of Dance at KS3 & KS4. Both girls and boys are taught Dance at Priestlands and using a range of dance styles students learn how to create and perform dances which communicate artistic intentions.
Pupils are required to:
- Appreciate the benefits of dance as part of a healthy, active lifestyle
- Have confidence in their own dance abilities and develop self esteem
- Demonstrate increased skills and physical competence in dance
- Create and perform dances which communicate an artistic intention using a range of dance styles
- Think critically about dance and communicate effectively about their own and others’ work.
All students are invited to take part in the extra curricular Dance programmes at Priestlands School. Opportunities to take part in fun and exciting classes where students can learn different styles of dance and new routines. Students will have opportunities to perform at Priestlands Dance evenings and The Milford festival.