RE at Key Stage 4 aims to:
- Allow students to develop an academic knowledge and inquiry of two major world religions – Islam and Judaism.
- Encourage students to gain a deeper understanding of the beliefs and practices of the followers of these religions.
- Learn the particular exam techniques and skills needed in order to achieve or exceed their target grade.
The course follows the OCR exam board, World Religions A. One religion is studied in Year 10 and the other in Year 11.
The course is 100% exam-based with two one hour exams for each religion:
Islam / Judaism (Paper 1)
- Core beliefs (God, principles of the religion)
- Special Days and Pilgrimage (festivals, celebrations)
- Major divisions and interpretations (different groups within the religion)
Islam / Judaism (Paper 2)
- Places and forms of worship (place of worship and features, different forms of prayer)
- Religion in the community and family (birth, adulthood, marriage, death, charity)
- Sacred writings (holy books, importance and meaning)