How does the school know if my child needs extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?

We receive information from the student’s previous school informing us if they have special educational needs.

We further compile information about each student through CAT (Cognitive Ability tests) and Literacy assessments which include a reading test, a spelling test and a writing test.

We will carry out additional assessments to support applications for Exam Access Arrangements and to provide teaching and support staff with a detailed picture of need.

Back to SEND offer page