What is SIMS Parent?
The SIMS Online Parent App is a convenient way to share information with you about your child’s school life.
SIMS Parent is available as both a website and an App - they have the same functionality; the website is www.sims-parent.co.uk and the App for your phone/tablet is available from the Google Play or Apple App store - search for 'SIMS Parent'
For queries with the Parent App, please email ParentApp@priestlands.hants.sch.uk
Getting started with SIMS Parent
Available as an App on iOS and Android, and a website, we are able to adopt a paperless approach to data collection that also complies with new GDPR regulations and Ofsted standards in respect of parental engagement.
You will need a pre-existing Facebook, Microsoft (Hotmail, Live, Outlook, Office365 etc), Apple, Google, or Twitter account to access this product.
(The account you use is for authentication only - your username/password is only checked/authenticated by that service provider, it remains unknown to us or ParentApp. You can only choose one of the providers to register with ParentApp, and can then only sign in with that information)
- When your child joins school, we will send you an introduction email, which contains a registration link and an invitation code.
Simply click on the link within the email to start activating your account*
This email will be sent from Capita SIMS (email@example.com), subject line "Priestlands School invites you to SIMS Parent". If you cannot find this email, please check your junk mail and ensure it has not been marked as SPAM.
- When you follow the link, ignore the top part and please select REGISTER WITH AN EXTERNAL ACCOUNT
- On the next screen, select an account that YOU already possess, and know its username/password eg Facebook (or Apple iCloud/Google GMail/Twitter/Outlook etc)
The whole process:
- The registration screen should pre-populate the invitation code automatically, if not, copy and paste from the invitation email and click register
- You will then be asked to input the date of birth of one of your children attending the school.
- Your account is then set up and configured.
- Once Registered, on your smartphone or tablet, you can download the app.
- Alternatively, from any web browser on any computer or device, login online at sims-parent.co.uk
*Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else. If you require an additional login then please contact the school on the email below. SIMS Parent is for Parent/Guardian use only, not Students. Your activation email will expire after 14 days if it is not used, please contact the school if you require a replacement after this date.
Certain information is entered into SIMS to enable it to work with other technology, therefore please note the following and do not request to change them:
- we cannot legally delete a person with parental responsibility.
- emails are entered as ‘work’ rather than ‘home’ to enable the system to work with Groupcall Messenger.
- if there is no home number, please do not insert a mobile number & call it home – please leave it blank.
Please remember which of your personal accounts you choose to register with ParentApp (Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft, Apple) - You must always use the same one to sign in.
eg the 'error' message at sign in - "The (Apple) account you signed in with is not registered with SIMS Parent"
means you have used the correct information for your (Apple) account, but you did not use that account when you first signed up for ParentApp - it must be one of your other accounts;
There is no SIMS Parent password to set/forget/change - you are using the logon of one of your 'normal' accounts that you have with one of the big providers (Unless you created a SIMS ID in which case there is, and security questions - you may have to ask us to deregister your account and start again).