Please note that the routes mentioned on this page to report or tell us at school about worries or concerns are only available during school term time. They are not monitored during the school holidays.
If it is an emergency, call 999
If you need to talk, call Childline 0800 1111
GCSEs and Emotional Health
Exams are important, but so is your mental health. These guides may help you maintain the right balance:
Need someone from school to get in touch with you? Email email@example.com
Do you need help?
SHOUT - By texting the word ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 you will start a conversation with a trained Shout Volunteer, who will text you back and forth, sharing only what you feel comfortable with and offering support.
Confidential advice from a qualified health professional?
The Mix (U25 advice line). They also have a CALL 08088084994 (freephone number which is manned daily 13:00-23:00)
Solent Sexual Health Service - a young persons advice guide
Need health advice?
ChatHealth for young people - TEXT 07507 332160. They offer general health and wellbeing advice for people aged between 11 and 19 and can signpost to other services if necessary.
Wessex Healthier Together (general advice for children and young people
Follow this link for advice and support from St Giles Trust:
Your gender identity is how you describe your gender. For example, you might say you are a woman, non-binary, transgender, a man, gender fluid, or something different. Your gender identity is your decision and is also about how you want others to treat you - for example, how you want people refer to you (‘she’, ‘him’, ‘they’ or something else).
Want more information? See the link below.
What does Wellbeing mean?!
Wellbeing [ noun ] – the state of being comfortable, healthy or happy
This is what the Oxford English Dictionary defines as wellbeing, but what does that actually mean? The short answer is… well, there is no short answer! What one person feels is their perfect state of wellbeing may be completely different from another person. This stands to reason as we all have different goals, ambitions and personalities.
The meaning of wellbeing is multidimensional
An overall sense of wellness will not be achieved without having a balance in these key elements:
- Physical. This includes lifestyle choices that affect the functioning of our bodies. What we eat and how active we are will affect our physical wellbeing.
- Emotional or psychological. This is our ability to cope with everyday life and reflects how we think and feel about ourselves.
- Social. This is the extent that we feel a sense of belonging and social inclusion. The way we communicate with others, our relationships, values, beliefs, lifestyles and traditions are all important factors of social wellbeing.
- Spiritual. This is the ability to experience and integrate meaning and purpose in life. Achieved through being connected to our inner self, to nature or even a greater power.
- Intellectual. It is important to gain and maintain intellectual wellness as it helps us to expand our knowledge and skills in order to live an enjoyable and successful life.
- Economic. Economic wellness, in short, is our ability to meet our basic needs and feel a sense of security.
The world we live in is complex. Understanding the requirement of wellness and the factors that influence this state, whether as an individual, community or nation, helps us to work together to improve the quality of our lifestyles
If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone you know, it can be hard to know what to do to make the situation better. You don’t have to manage on your own. You can:
- See the Hear 4 U section below or
- visit this website
If you are worried and need to tell someone, we are still here for you. You can either:
IS SOMETHING MAKING YOU FEEL UNSAFE?
Has something that somebody has said or done made you feel uncomfortable, worried or scared? Online or in real life.
If so you should speak to a trusted adult.
HERE ARE TWO WAYS TO REPORT YOUR CONCERN:
Please remember that you can report a concern:
1. to staff at school, or
2. or, via this form.