Priestlands School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011. The Pupil Premium funding is allocated to children who are looked after by the local authority, those who have been eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years (also known as FSM Ever 6) and for children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium allocated to their school is spent. Schools will be held accountable for their use of the additional funding to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds and the impact that it has on educational attainment and progress.
The performance of Pupil Premium students is included in the school performance tables.
OFSTED and Pupil Premium
OFSTED include a focus on the Pupil Premium students in their inspections. The performance of this group of students is compared to the achievement of non-disadvantaged students nationally.
Priestlands is fully committed to supporting the achievement of this group of students and to reducing any gap in performance measures.
The Pupil Premium Strategy Plan details the allocation of the funding to a range of strategies and interventions and explains the rationale behind it.
Pupil Premium Strategy Statements
Catch Up Premium
Free School Meals eligibility
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income, as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190. Parents who receive Working Tax Credit in addition to Child Tax Credit do not qualify for free school meals.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Children who receive IS or IBJSA in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
To find out if you might be eligible, please click here.
If you are unsure, please ring the school office - 01590 677033.
Uniform Grant & Free School Meals
We provide a uniform grant to eligible students in Years 7 & 10. Please click here for more information about this and about Free School Meals