Online Safety - guidance for parents
At Priestlands School we take Online Safety seriously. In this section of the website, you can find out more about the guidance we are giving to our students on how to keep themselves and others safe online. Click on the articles below for Online Safety advice.
Need some advice?
Click on the image below!
It will take you to the 'Think you know' website which has advice on a range of online related issues.
- NSPCC – Share Aware: Do you know your Snapchat from your ooVoo? If not then this website explains what each App is for and how safe it is to use.
- NSPCC - net-aware.org.uk
- Internet Matters homepage, and specifically Parental Controls: Learn how to set parental controls on phones, tablets, games consoles, media sites such as Netflix and your internet connection as a whole.
- CEOP – Thinkuknow: General advice for parents, students and staff for staying safe online. eg- How To Guides for Parents, Aged 11-13 Advice, 14+
- CEOP – Make a Report: Used to report if your child has had inappropriate online contact.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: e-safety tips, advice and resources, and home of Safer Internet Day